Friday, October 19, 2012

(Unlimited) Juice (This Party Is Gonna Be Off The Hook!)

Hey There Internet,

Certain lessons are very easy to learn the first time. Others you sometimes ignore and then they "peekaboo" in front of you on a Tuesday morning and you find yourself falling into some pattern that reveal a part of you that you're still trying working on. Monday I was driving when I figured something out and in this vividly clear moment that left me feeling energized. By the time I got home and out of my car I had completely forgotten what I was even thinking about. We're all weird sometimes, but that is not something to ever apologize for. Yes- I realize how vague this paragraph was.

I'm five days into a juice cleanse that will wrap up in about 10 minutes. It's an experiment- I have always been intrigued to try one (and as I often do, encourage everyone to try things that intrigue them.) A few things:
-I have a new found respect for how much fruit/vegetables it takes to fill a cup/bottle with juice. Naked costing $3.50 a bottle isn't a rip-off.
-My kitchen was a warzone. Juicing things makes a mess (smells funky, looks worse, kale pulp is gooey)
-I haven't been hungry at all. That's been a surprise. I've wanted to eat more out of boredom than out of hunger- it is apparent to me now how often I eat for the sake of eating.
-The only meal I have eaten this week was breakfast on Tuesday and it was about being social and not a n"ohmergawhd bacon" impulse. Food is a great excuse to turn off your iphones/tvs and come together and catch up with people. I'm happy to have a few reoccurring random food projects (Shoutout to Mo$ and Cali-bound Alisha*) that keep me in touch with awesome people that aren't in my immediate group of friends.
-The same food over and over, even if it's nutritious, is boring. Food isn't just about satiation, it's a chance to be expressive enjoy physical sensations: taste/texture/heat/smell.

*I'm officially a regular at Bob's muffins in Weymouth. I can walk in and say "hey, the usual" and it means something. So much awesome in that.

Moving on:
Youtube started streaming important events (debates, sky dives space jumps) making it easier for people to hypothetically live without TV. If Youtube could buy rights to stream all the biggies (Political Coverage, Sports Championships, Award Shows) it would mean really good things for Hulu/Netflix.
Until then we have this wonderful thing:

If you didn't dig that, here's a blog saver:

WOOF #doublecharity
I'm at Whole Foods and the lady at the next registers card is declined. She's short on cash, clearly embarrassed. I'm wandering by and her kid (grandkid?) is nagging at her about some little kid stuff. The amount she's short is under $20 so I offer on covering it. She politely declines. I slip the $ to her grandkid so he can cover it.
She asks for my address and I told her to just donate whatever she's comfortable with to a local charity.

1 comment:

  1. Good karma on your last bit. Also we'll need to speak more in-depth re: juice cleanse. Homegirl has been wanting to do one for months. Holla. Happy Friday. Pandas.

    ReplyDelete