Monday, October 8, 2012

The Election

I just saw a "NObama" bumper sticker and now feel compelled to post two things that make me sad. .

First, the elections, and the politicians fudging up my work life ('bama, Rombomb, EW, and hot Scott) are creating way to much negativity. Good life lesson: don't be anti-anything.
Instead of being anti-winter, be pro-beach season.
Instead of being anti-Beiber, be hyper excited about Nirvana.
Instead of being anti-dance clubs, be pro-bowling alleys.

There's been hoopla over the conventions and debates and percentages (some that came up last week include47, 98, 1, 100, 50, 22.)
People like to talk without anything to say. This is particularly depressing when it involves who you think should run the country. While I'm paraphrasing but I actually heard this conversation on a bus:
Guy #1 is a 40-something vet, dressed poorly and overweight but handsome. Guy #2 is older, maybe 60,  and seems wealthy. The two seem to recognize each other but don't seem particularly close. Guy 1 gestures towards a "Romney 2012" sign.

#1: Do you think he has a chance?
#2: Maybe. Obama didn't do anything he said he would.
#1: Well I'm republican, so I have to vote Romney.
#2 Nods head to agree. Plus the war.
#1 Mhmm. (nodding to agree) Wait, which war?

I'm pro the "vote4stuff" movement, but isn't that lost when people take action without researching or knowing what they're talking about? People seem to want to take a stand before they know what they stand for.

Can I vote for Ron Swanson?
 
I could write in R.S. and maybe I will, but in practice I'm going to vote (for myself!) to be the more in the driver seat my life and start having control over my own decisions. I came across this quote the other day that was something like "freedom is doing what you like, happiness is liking what you do" and we should vote for both.
Back in real life I'm voting Obama, if anyone cares.

Enjoy your Chris C day. Go explore something.
-JP

Woof #1-
Saw on FB that my friend Erin has bronchitis. Brought her soup and OJ. Turns out it was the wrong person (same last name.) Epic fail. This was also as the sun was setting for the Yom Kippur fast. I had to look at that OJ during all my car rides during the fast.
Woof #2-
Instead of laughing at Trisha for posting so much on FB about Red Bull, I brought her a case of Red Bull when I was near WW.

CFBE#10
"It would be twisted to tell you I miss you when you just fell through my grasp and now you're right here." She says, running her fingers through cinnamon hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment