Tuesday, July 31, 2012

On Change: Adios Monsieur Bobo

Steak (fittingly is very close to the st-ache 'breeve' that I just came up with for stomache ache)


Last night we had our last 50R roommate dinner before Jon goes to live with his wife girlfriend. There will be a sad open space in a room where there has been a Brenton.

Change is a necessary challenge, a chance to take stock of what you need. Change is a catalyst for more change. People and relationships change (If something hasn't changed in a long time, take a closer look at it.)

When stuck in your head- it's easy to stress over the anticipation of change. Is this the right decision? How will I feel when I move? Will this job be what I think it is (and what do I think it is anyway?)

I tend to get nostalgic- thinking about experiences from changes ago. It's important to see how you've grown, and what you miss.

From a real writer:
“For what it’s worth: it’s never too late or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be. There’s no time limit, stop whenever you want. You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the courage to start all over again.”  -Eric Roth (Benjamin Button)
Monsiuer Jon-
We're all wishing you an easy move, and hoping downtown brings you everything that you want.

-JP

No comments:

Post a Comment