Monday, January 31, 2011

Snow, Communication, Bacon, NY

-Snow (i): Have you ever driven too close to a sand/salt truck right before a snow storm? The salt crystals that blanket the road don't fall out of the truck, they dance. The bounce to the side and then hop back, they flip and bump each other they spin one way and then dart the other before they rest on the road and keep the driving conditions reasonable. 
-Snow (ii): There was a convention of snow plows at the grocery store tonight, maybe 50 of them splitting up Plymouth and Bourne. I wish I knew what they were talking about; overtime pay? labor laws? the super bowl? charlie sheen?
-Bacon: Bacon should be furious about Turkey Bacon. Not even close to the same thing.
-NYC-Trip: The city itself was underwhelming, but I'm proud (and hope it reflects well) that a lot of the NY people in my life are doing very interesting things with their lives and are turning into great adult-ish people. I apologize if we tried to make plans and I didn't get to see you, I will be back soon.
-The Internet: I was feeling nostalgic today (Nostalgia ) when I thought about how I haven't seen some of my favorite people face-to-face in a month. With a busy February, this is unlikely to change. As great as it is that people haven't given up on this blog yet, and we can g-chat and feel connected it isn't the same as sharing adventures together and pushing each other to be better. If I call you one afternoon after work it's only because I want to be part of your day-to-day. 

1 comment:

  1. I laughed about bacon, and then said "aw" about Internet. You're just sending me on a whirlwind of emotion.

    ReplyDelete